Sunday 11 April 2010

Gandhi and Me

If I could meet anyone in the world, alive or dead, it would be Gandhi.

I would ask him what was he like as a child, and what did he imagine he would be when he grew up.

Did he have any idea he would lead India's independence? Would he have ever imagined his image would feature on the Indian Rupee?

And what about his philosophy, strength and will power - was it something he had since he was a little boy or did he develop it with age?

I wonder if he had moments of soul searching throughout his life or did he always know his path, his destiny if you will.

I also think of his parents - did they know from when he was a baby or a young child that he'd be an influential political and spiritual figure that changed the course of history?

I am so fascinated in how people become who they are - especially those who have made such a profound impact on our world. When I look at children I can't help wonder where their path will take them.

As for me, I always thought I was destined to be a part of something big - though till this day, I still don't know what that is. There's long been a restlessness in me, searching for my life's purpose. Sometimes I wonder whether I'm delusional, but then I'll read a numerology report or a personality appraisal that supports my intuitive feelings (of purpose, not delusion).

Back to Gandhi.

After our meeting, I would like to go for a walk with my new friend and tell him a few things about me, starting with the intriguing fact that I was born 1 century, 1 year, 1 month and 1 day after him.

Until tomorrow, may you find your life's purpose before talking to ghosts.

Grace xx

ps. Photo was taken at London's Madame Tussauds wax museum in 1992.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you realise the impact you already have Grace!

    You are an amazing person who inspires anyone who comes into your presence, whether that's via your blog or in person.

    I still remember the first time I met you just before Ryan & Jo's wedding - the short conversation we had had a massive impact on me.

    Perhaps your purpose is all about the
    1%ers...

    Jess xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jess - I stopped trying to 'find' my purpose and just started putting one foot in front of the other and see where it takes me... to my purpose no doubt ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...