Friday 9 July 2010

What the Carcassonne!


We are just on the outskirts of the medieval citadel Carcassonne, where I'll be getting close and personal with it tomorrow.

After a squishy night in the back of our van in Millau, we were rewarded with an amazing route through the Gorges du Tarn (stunning), Mende (quaint) and Béziers (a poor man's Paris - amazing).

We ended the journey at a Formula 1 hotel less than 5km (3mi) from the fortress town. As we were checking in, I discovered this most bizarre tourist brochure (pictured right).

Out of all the things I imagined I might find in an ancient UNESCO world heritage site, Le Parc Australien was not quite what I had anticipated. Needless to say I have no interest in exploring the parc as I didn't come a gazillion miles away from home just to be transported back there in a cheesey touristic experience. Non merci.

So it's off to be I go and pray for a cool change. We've had temperatures in excess of 37°C (98.6°F) and I'm a wilting.

Until tomorrow, stay cool.

Grace xx

If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...