Thursday 4 November 2010

The day after the storm

I feel I've burned the candle from both ends these last few weeks and last night was the climax.

Today there was a quietness that inspired me to continue with my clearing and organising, which has been in suspension since Bali.

Unfortunately my enthusiasm was not matched by my energy levels and I've been stop starting all day.

After several cat naps on the couch I realised just how exhausted I was. Having battled Bali belly and persisted through flu-like sniffles, not to mention my mental self-torture over turning 40, my body is screaming for time out.

I gave myself permission to do, or not do, whatever it takes to get over all my bugs and get myself in peak condition for something completely revolutionary...

I plan to leave my suitcases unpacked for a while and sink some roots before we head to Europe in June 2011 (another Tour de France tour).

In the meantime, I plan to stay put. I intend to stay home and develop a routine that has me feeling more stable [gasp!].

Without distractions, I want to create space to make decisions and be clear about my direction.

I will continue to blog until then.

Until tomorrow, rest when necessary.

Grace xx

ps. Thank you for all the birthday well wishes and encouragement to keep blogging. Mwah!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...